5 Ways Buyers Can Beat the Competition
Here’s how you can make your offer more attractive to sellers.
If you’re a homebuyer, you’re probably tired of competing in this crazy market. Fortunately, there are a few ways to make your offer stand out to sellers. Today I’ll share a few tips on how you can increase your chances of securing your dream home:
1. Offer above asking price. It’s your best bet to win in multiple-offer situations.
2. Waive repairs but not inspections. You can waive the repairs, but don't waive your inspections. Make sure you’re aware of any issues with the property.
"Offering above asking price is your best bet to win in multiple-offer situations."
3. Offer to help pay the closing costs. Work with your lender when making an offer to pay seller closing costs. This helps take off some of the pressure on sellers.
4. Offer to pay a higher due diligence deposit. The higher the due diligence deposit, the better. In North Carolina, a due diligence deposit is non-refundable, making your offer very attractive to sellers.
5. Choose a top-listing agent or one who is a part of a team. They likely have listings coming to the market that most people don’t know about. This gives you a chance to see these properties before other buyers do.
For more information on how you can buy a home in a competitive market, don’t hesitate to call or email my team or me. I’ll be happy to help!