Your Guide To Selling A Home before Buying
Do you want to sell your home before buying? Here are some tips.
Are you scared to sell before you buy? When you sell your home before buying, you risk being homeless, especially since we’re in a competitive market. It’s hard to find and buy a home with our relatively low inventory. Then what can you do to successfully sell first before buying? Here are some tips that will help you if you want to take this route:
1. Negotiate a closing date that works for you. When offers come in, negotiate with your agent and be strategic with your closing dates. This will help you feel a bit more comfortable about your move-out date and home search.
2. When your house hits the market, look for a new one relentlessly. Take some time to look at houses by searching online or going to showings. Your agent should also be sending you a selection of homes daily.
"Negotiate with your agent and be strategic with your closing dates."
3. Find an aggressive agent to help you look for your next house. Working with an agent or a team with listings of their own can help you find homes that haven't even hit the market yet.
4. Consider early possession as an option. In North Carolina, you can move into a house under contract before the closing date if you pay a small amount of rent. This can be different for every state, so it’s best to check first.
5. Negotiate a short-term rental. It might be a bit costly, but there are a lot of short-term rentals now such as Airbnb. It can be another option for you if you have to stay somewhere temporarily.
You don't need to be scared. There are options if you want to sell before buying. If you have more questions about this topic or need help with your buying and selling plans, don’t hesitate to call or email me. I’m always happy to help!
Post a Comment